PigMania Eastland Mall ACSA Steak Cooking Competition
If you would like to judge the contest or learn how it is going to be judged, take the judging class offered earlier in the day: click here for info
1st Place – $600 & Trophy
2nd Place – $300 & Plaque
3rd Place – $200 & Ribbon
4th Place – $100 & Ribbon
5th Place – $50 & Ribbon
Entry Form Below Rules…
Entry fee of $100.00 includes 2 rib-eye steaks provided by PigMania
Saturday September 29th, 2018
Cooks Meeting 10:00 AM,
Wing Turn-ins – 2:00 PM
Steak Turn-ins – 2:30 PM
Competitive Teams shall provide all needed equipment and supplies, except as arranged for in advance by the Promoter. Teams must follow all electric, fire and safety codes as required by the local jurisdiction of the event. A fire extinguisher must be near all cooking devices or the team will be disqualified from the event. Teams are responsible to ensure that their assigned cooking area is clean and orderly following the event. Failure to follow this rule may disqualify the team from future ACSA sanctioned events.
- PigMania shall provide two 1-1/4” boneless USDA Choice Rib-eye Steaks to each team for the cook-off
- Teams must supply there own chicken wings for the event if competing in the wing contest.
- Cooks may cook on any fire or heat source.
- Team spaces are 10′ x 15′ all support vehicles can be parked close by
- NO other rib-eye steaks are to be present at cook sites other than the ones provided to the teams by PigMania. Failure to follow this rule will be lead to immediate disqualification of the team and possible banning of all future ACSA sanctioned events.
- Steaks may not be removed from the teams cooking area except to turn in the entry.
- Entries should consist of one steak cooked Medium (warm pink center). Teams may only submit one entry in the Steak category.
- Steaks may be lightly trimmed before, but not after cooking. Steaks may not be marked or branded in any way. (Grill marks are not considered marking)
- Steaks must be turned in whole and uncut on top of the provided foil disk. The provided foil disks must be placed in the box, silver side up and not folded in any way.
- NO GARNISH–Only edible portions of the category item may be in the box.
- Teams will be disqualified from the competition for the use of Rib-eye steaks other than those provided by the event found in the team area. In addition the ACSA Representative will report the team to ACSA for possible disqualification of future sanctioned events. Teams that have foreign objects found in the turn in box, or if the turn ins occur after the time window has expired, will only be disqualified for that round.
- Teams must turn in their entries in the numbered container, provided by PigMania. The number must be on top of the container at turn in. The container must not be marked in any way to ensure the fairness of the blind judging. Marked containers will be disqualified from the competition.
- Teams are subject to random inspections by any ACSA Representative.
- Complete rules and information at: American Competitive Steak Association website
- ACSA members get priority steak selection and entered into “Team of the Year” points race.
- Annual Membership only $35.00
- Sign up at: https://acsa.us/
Chicken Wing Rules:
- Turn-in will be at 2:00 pm.
- Turn-in boxes will be provided
- Cook as many wings as you like
- Open container, open garnish and open cooking fuel (gas, wood, charcoal, etc.).
- Judging will be the same as the ACSA rules based on Presentation, Temperature, tenderness and taste. Five being the highest and one being the lowest.
- Must turn in at least 6 chicken wings, feel free to include more if you like.
Sign-up deadline: Sunday September 23rd @ midnight
1. Tire Smoke BBQ
2. Velvet Smoke BBQ
3. Ale Yeah BBQ
4. Burnie’s Both Hands BBQ
5. Blue Dog BBQ
6. Smokin Hoosiers
7. High on the Hog
8. Slippery Pete’s BBQ
9. Make BBQ Great Again